Good Governance practice
“I firmly believe that volunteering is good for our society and brings communities together. It’s a fantastic opportunity to get involved in your local community, to meet new people and to gain a sense of pride and achievement.”
— Boris Johnson –
“Boards of non-profit organisations can determine the success or failure of an organisation.”
– A practical guide to board introduction, Volume 1 –
National Youth Development Outreach is a registered NPC (Non-Profit Company) without members. The Directors consist of unrelated members with expertise within the portfolio they serve, from the broader Tshwane region with the passion for youth development.
The independent Board of Directors appointed a Chief Executive Officer as a non-executive board member to run the organisation’s daily operations. None of the paid employees serves on the board.
The Board of Directors provide Annual Reports and Audited Financial statements to ensure transparency and accountability.
National Youth Development Outreach are registered with Department of Social Development as an NPO (Non-Profit Organisation)
National Youth Development Outreach holds the status of a Public Benefit Organisation with a Section 18A. The following criteria will apply for donors to claim tax deductions from National Youth Development Outreach:
- A bona fide donation is a voluntary, gratuitous gift disposed of by the donor out of liberality or generosity, where NYDO is enriched and the donor impoverished. There may be no quid pro quo, no reciprocal obligations and no personal benefit for the donor. If NYDO gives any consideration at all it is not a donation. The donor may not impose conditions which could enable him or any connected person in relation to himself to derive some direct or indirect benefit from the application of the donation.
- The following examples do not constitute a bona fide donation:
- The donation of services rendered such as a professional person providing a voluntary service or renders his skill free of charge.
- An amount paid for attending a fundraising dinner, dance or charity golf day. The amount paid for the successful bid of goods auctioned to raise funds by an organisation. Memorabilia, paintings, etc, donated to be auctioned to raise funds. Amounts paid for raffle or lottery tickets.
- Amounts paid for school fees, entrance fees for school admittance or compulsory school levies.
- Value of free rent, water and electricity provided by a lessor to the lessee which is an approved PBO.
- Payments in respect of debt due by an entity approved in terms of section 18A.
- An example would be:
- The cost of repairs to a vehicle paid on behalf of the PBO.
National Youth Development Outreach provide donors to opportunity to gain BBBEE points by donating, supporting or procuring services from our organisations due to our Level 1 BBBEE status.