NYDO’s 12 session Life skills Adolescent Diversion programme is an opportunity for you to take responsibility for what you have done and to repair the harm that has been caused.
We are here to help YOU work to get the best outcome for EVERYONE!
Everyone who has been involved in or has been affected by the offence or behaviour will have an opportunity to tell their story and together work out the best outcome.
The following questions must be considered:
- When did things go wrong…
- What happened?
- What were you thinking at the time?
- What have you thought about since?
- Who has been affected by what you have done? In what way?
- What do you think you need to do to make things right?
What you, as Responsible Adult, can expect?
NYDO and your child need you to:
- Support and encourage the young person to get through the Adolescent Diversion Program.
- Come to the Intake assessment, orientation family meeting, parent’s workshop, family fun day, attend evaluation interview with the young person and support the young person to attend the 12 months aftercare programme.
What we expect from you?
- Honesty, responsibility and commitment for the duration of the programme.
- If you can’t make it to the individual or workshop appointment, you must call beforehand and let us know. We are very helpful if we know what is going on.
- If you re-offend or break your conditions, your option to do the Diversion programme will be reconsidered.
- If you do not turn up to appointments, go missing, have a bad attitude or just hope that it will go away, this too will be referred to the authority and it is likely that more serious consequences will be enforced.
- Participate in the aftercare programme for 12 months.
- Growing into a diligent, responsible young person caring for him/herself, their family, their friends and their community.